Thursday, May 22, 2008

I want my own hurricane

Being from the south, i'm very familiar with hurricanes. But sadly i realize that i will never have one of my very own :o(

Hurricanes are named each year in alphabetical order. Very rarily are there enough hurricanes in any one season to get into the 'l's' and 'm's'. And then, each season, the hurricane names reset to 'a'.

This sucks for those of us whose names start with a letter in the second half of the alphabet. My name will probably never be on a hurricane - there would have to be 19 hurricanes in one season to hit me at letter 's' and that's even if my name if the first 's' option selected (and if it's a girl name in the rotation).

The big hurricane guys should make a note where they leave off and pick up at that letter at the start of the next season - makes sense to me.

No comments: